Please show your support of Waihekepedia by adding a link to us from your web site. Waihekepedia T Shirts now available at the Ostend Market
is a professional photographer.
With his kind permission his picture of Huruhi Bay is published here.
Taken from "About" on Peter's web page:
After several years of running his own gallery and teaching Fine Art Painting and Photography Peter now concentrates on producing and exhibiting his own work. From 1987 to 2007 Peter worked as a professional artist and photographer based in the UK. In 2007 he moved to New Zealand with his wife, Elaine, and for three years lived aboard their sail boat, Albacore. Finally they moved to Waiheke Island in 2010 where they now live with their daughter Eva.
Over the last 30 years Peter has been actively involved in Art and Photography. From leading Art departments within the teaching environment to supplying a range of artwork to galleries in the UK and Europe. This has included drawing, printmaking, painting and photography.
“The dramatic contrasts in light and atmosphere created in mountain and coastal environments have drawn me to travelling and working in these areas. The experience of sailing, tramping and being in the landscape is fundamental to the way I approach drawing, painting and photography.”
- Born in Cardiff, Wales
- Foundation Course in Art and Design, Carmarthen College
- Studied BA (Hons) Degree in Fine Art Painting, Photography and Printmaking: Loughborough University
- Director of Fine Art at The Manchester Grammar School
- Owner and exhibitor at Hayfield Gallery in the Peak District of Derbyshire
- Exhibited in selected galleries in the UK (see below)
- Played bass and guitar in various bands for too many years!
- For the last 4 years Teacher in Charge of Painting at Mt. Albert Grammar School.
- Presently taken a year off work to be a stay-at-home dad, a complete contradiction in terms!
- So I’m now trying to draw, paint and take photographs on and around our lovely home, Waiheke Island.
When Eva lets me!
- National Portrait Gallery, London, John Player Portrait Awards
- East Midlands Arts Centre, Nottingham
- The Ceri Richards Gallery, Swansea
- The Morley Gallery, London
- One-man show, The Hodson Gallery, Loughborough
- Third Eye Gallery, Nottingham
- The Self Portrait – ‘A Modern View’, Artsite, Bath
- Yorkshire Open Arts, Leeds
- London Contemporary Art Fair
- One man show at The Portico Gallery, Manchester
- Vital Art, Atlantis Gallery, London
- Boothhouse Gallery, Holmfirth
- Battersea Contemporary Art Fair
- The Sculpture Lounge, West Yorkshire
- Regular exhibitor at The Old Courthouse Gallery, Ambleside, The Lake District
- Stages Gallery, Machynlleth, Wales
- Plas Glyn-y -Weddw, North Wales
- Regular exhibitor at Amber House Gallery, Derbyshire
- One man show at The Blythe Gallery, Manchester
- The Globe Gallery, Hay-on-Wye
- Regular exhibitor at Lee Chapman Contemporary Arts, Keswick, The Lake District
- The Wendy Levy Gallery, Manchester
- Sally Brown Gallery, Marple Bridge
- Phil Tregonning Fine Art, Derby
- East Midlands Arts
- Leicestershire County Collection
- Loughborough University
- Lancaster University
- University of Wales
- Ingleby Collection
- Eagle Star Group
- The Manchester Grammar School
- Britton Finance Ltd
- P & O Ferries
- Hilton International
- Rank Xerox
- Brownsword PLC
- Kirkman Architects
- Private Collections in UK, Europe and America
Publications and Television
- Zenos Poetry Magazine
- Illustrations for ‘The Tangled Skien’ Sherlock Holmes
- Book Cover ‘Meet the Dragon’
- Book cover Cheshire and Derbyshire Life Living Edge Magazine
- Marks and Spencer Catalogue
- Three programmes for Media Television on Paint Techniques
- ‘Money Now’ Documentary on Art and Finance